After several successful visits between Gothenburg Schools and UK schools in January 2016. Levett Consultancy, in partnership with the Gothenburg Education Department, wanted to offer UK teachers and support staff the chance to visit Gothenburg and its schools, to observe teaching and learning over a variety of subject areas in Early Years, Primary and Secondary Schools.
A secondary aim was to introduce UK pilot ClassHD school to pilot Gothenburg schools, where these schools will work together on collaborative projects using Video Conferencing.
- Coding project’s
- Mathematics and Humanities
- Learning through play
The Gothenburg Education Department then ensured that each group of UK visitors were escorted to each school and introduced to a lead teacher who would demonstrate how they use technology to create positive learning outcomes. All parties were given guided tours of the schools they visited and were given opportunities to ask questions about teaching and learning practices in Gothenburg.
Included in the trip was:
- 4* Hotel in central Gothenburg for 2 nights (3 days)
- Return transfers from Landvetter Airport to Hotel
- Västtrafik Travel Card (36 hours pass)
- On Arrival a group visit to the REturen- a creative recycling center
- Visit to schools in Gothenburg to observe teaching and learning practices across a range of subjects
- Levett Consultancy staff member to escort UK travelling parties to schools in Gothenburg
- Final day group discussion with Gothenburg Education Department about the observations and partnerships links with Swedish schools
The trip was very successful, and all who attend felt they had gained greater knowledge into the Swedish education system and could take back good ideas to discuss within their own schools back in the UK. The trip also proved successful for establishing strong links between Gothenburg and UK schools who are participating in the ClassHD pilot, where students from both countries will collaborate on projects together using Video Conferencing.
To see a photo story of Learning Exchange trip to Gothenburg please see our Google Photos album here
It has helped us build links with the schools in Sweden so we can link up via VC later this year. There were also lots of ideas from Returen to take back and implement and we gained a greater understanding of the Swedish way of life. Anne De Asha (Computing Specialist Teacher)
I have taken good ideas and links back to discuss with my school, it has opened my eyes to a different education system. Hasan Ahmed (Computing Teacher)
Honestly – it was a really excellent visit. Perfect balance between reflection, school, information and discussion, Lots of food for thought about developing independence in our young learners. Maria Lewington ( Head Teacher)